About once a month I prepare this easy, delicious breakfast casserole for the boys and it never fails to please. The combination of bacon, sauteed onion, cheese and biscuits make for a classic, comforting meal. And if you’re lucky enough to have any leftovers it tastes even better the second day. For a one pot meal, it couldn’t get any simpler. Just combine the ingredients, bake and enjoy. You might even want to add this to your Christmas morning or holiday brunch menu.
Easy Breakfast Casserole
1/2 C Milk
1 C Shredded Cheese
1 C Cooked, Crumbled Bacon
1 Can (8 Biscuits) Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers Buttermilk Biscuits, with each biscuit cut into quarters
1 Small Onion, Diced
1 Tsp Minced Garlic
1 Tsp Olive Oil
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/4 Tsp Pepper
Hot Sauce (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Warm olive oil in saute pan over medium heat, add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add onion, saute until tender and golden brown.
- While onions are cooking, crack eggs in a large bowl. Add milk, salt and pepper. Whisk well. Add cheese, bacon, onion to the egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Add biscuits to the egg mixture, tossing gently to coat. Pour into a large, greased casserole dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick entered into the center comes out clean.
I covered mine with aluminum foil after about 20 minutes because it had already perfectly browned.
You can easily jazz this up by adding sour cream and chives. I like to add a little avocado to mine and husband sprinkles hot sauce on his.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
I’d love to connect with you. Get a deeper look and behind the scenes updates on all my creative projects from the following channels:
Interested in receiving each new post to your inbox? Just type your email address below to subscribe.
See you next time!