Being the Mother of a picky eater requires hard work and creativity in the kitchen. It’s taken some time, but we’ve been able to identify some meals that Dutch enjoys. In fact, most of the meals that follow were eaten in their entirety. I’ve included some tips below that work well for us, followed by 14 Toddler Meal Ideas.
- I was tempted to categorize the following meals into Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner, but decided not to. Sometimes changing it up by serving dinner for breakfast (or vice versa) does wonders for our toddler’s tummy.
- Also, you’ll notice how often we incorporate dips into his meals. We find that it makes meal time more fun for him, he eats more and even experiments with new foods. For more finger food and dip ideas, read Toddler Meals: Finger Food & Dip.
- Dutch is a Vegetarian, for the most part. Most of his protein comes from non meat sources. For more on how to incorporate non meat protein sources into your toddlers diet, read Protein Packed Foods For Toddler & Mom.
- Dutch is a grazer/snacker. His strongest meals are breakfast and dinner but lunch is hit and miss. I keep a grazing plate out while he plays with dry foods to minimize messes.
- Lastly, I find that when I involve Dutch in the preparation/cooking process he actually eats more. I try to find ways for him to scoop, pour or stir whenever possible.
14 Toddler Meal Ideas:
Love these Toddler Meal Ideas? Join our community and receive weekly tips and tutorials delivered to your inbox!
There you have it, 14 Toddler Meal Ideas. I hope one or two might provide you some inspiration. And I’d love to hear your thoughts. What tips, tricks and meals work well for feeding your picky toddler?