Today marks 30 days into my blogging journey… WHAT A RIDE! I’ve done some research and have decided to reveal a few stats about my page, in hopes that the community can be a part of its progression. Looking back, I’m amazed at what Letters To Dutch has accomplished! In one month I’ve published 30 posts, spanning the following 17 categories:
- BIRTH STORY
- DIY CRAFTS
- FAMILY HISTORY
- FOR MOMS
- HEALTH & WELLNESS
- INDOOR PLAY
- OUTDOOR PLAY
- TODDLER MEALS
In 30 days Letters To Dutch has had just under 2,000 page hits, viewed by around 1,000 unique visitors from all over the world. The following 17 countries make up its global reach:
- UNITED STATES
- UNITED KINGDOM
- DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
- SAUDIA ARABIA
Here’s a list of this month’s 10 Most Popular Posts/Pages in order of most views:
- A Heroic War Story: Remembering Grandpa Bill
- Our Fertility Journey & Birth Story
- Protein Packed Foods For Toddler & Mom
- Toddler Meals: Finger Food & Dip
- Recovery Smoothie For Toddler & Mom
- What I Love About Blogging: 6 Reasons to Appreciate the Process
- Outdoor Play: A Hike With Friends
- Keeping It Classic Crochet Afghan
- How To Eat For Hormonal Balance
In the last 30 days, I’ve received over 200 likes and 100 comments from my most loyal followers, many of them being my closest family and friends. And the rest have come from new friends I’ve been lucky enough to meet through the blogging community. If you’re reading, I can’t thank each of you enough for your belief in me and my ideas.
To be honest, starting this blog was a huge leap of faith. I had no idea how readers would respond to my ideas, if at all. And I was terrified to share this project with my friends and family… What will they think?… Will they like it?… I’ll admit, I care way too much what people think of me. At times, it’s taken tremendous courage just to click the PUBLISH button due to the personal nature of some of my posts. But maybe that’s just what makes this blog so great. Readers seem to really appreciate the openness and honesty I bring to the table. I couldn’t be more grateful for that! I’ve tried my best to be an open book through this process, otherwise how else will it make a difference?
In the last 30 days, I’ve learned more about myself that I ever would have imagined.
- First, through writing and sharing, I have healed mentally and emotionally.
- And second, my posts have made a difference in the lives of men and women all over the world. What a blessing to have a community built around our experience!
- Third, I’ve experienced a kind of relief from the creative outlet this blog provides. By creating and sharing my ideas, I’ve learned my creative process and have gained new skills as a result.
- Fourth, I’ve been challenged by this experience. Blogging is so much more than writing great content. It’s also about marketing, promoting, monetizing, media and web design. With so much to learn, I’m grateful for the opportunity to learn a new industry.
- And fifth, I’ve been able to design this project around my most important priority, Dutch. This blog encourages me live in the moment with him and appreciate every moment of his childhood.
In the next 30 days I plan to:
- Tackle my first video,
- Switch to Self Hosting,
- Announce a May 2016 Theme,
- And create a newsletter exclusively for my email subscribers!
Thank you for sharing this journey with me. It’s loyal readers like you that make this dream possible.
P.s. Don’t forget to Follow!
Click here: Follow