I’m thrilled to announce that I’ve been nominated for the CREATIVE BLOGGER AWARD! After spending the last month fully engrossed in the blogging community, working relentlessly to provide value, I am SO grateful and honored to be recognized!
A HUGE shout out and THANK YOU to Colleen Wilson over at Leen Cuisine for choosing Letters To Dutch for nomination! Colleen has compiled over 1,000 recipes from her family, magazines, recipe card booklets and cookbooks (to name a few). She randomly draws 2-3 recipes from her collection each week, prepares them, then writes about it… She calls it “The Recipe Box Challenge.” BRILLIANT! She has me drooling over her family’s famous recipe, Sunday Sausage Breakfast Casserole. They’ve prepared it every Christmas morning for over 20 years! Thanks Colleen, for being willing to share these cherished recipes with all of us. I hope it will be an extension of my own recipe box someday! Please head over to check out her page, you’ll be so glad you did!
I’ve been asked to share 5 facts about myself:
- I love to learn. My nightstand is piled high with books on topics that mean the most to me: Parenting, Motherhood, Marriage, Self Improvement, Creativity, Writing and Women’s Issues, to name a few. I sneak in a few pages from each book, every day. I find that reading keeps me creatively inspired. After all, the best secrets can be found in the pages of a good book! 📚
- I love TV. Now I’m not one to surf channels all day long, in fact we don’t even subscribe to cable television in our home. But I am addicted to Netflix and Hulu and I love a good TV series. I adore Shonda Rhimes… I’ve followed Grey’s Anatomy and Scandal from the beginning. I’m also currently in the midst of Hulu’s original series The Path and ABC’s The Family. And since I’m one to feel nostalgic, I’ve started in on the original seasons of Beverly Hill’s 90210, which I grew up watching. Talk about a blast from the past!
- I love yoga. In fact, yoga practice has profoundly changed my life. I’ve turned it into a gratitude practice. Each day I spend 30 minutes on my mat, repeating the affirmation, “Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!” I am strengthened by this practice, physically, emotionally and mentally. It makes me a better woman, wife, mom… a better everything! 🙏🏻
- I love yard sales. I love a good DIY project and for that reason, I love a good yard sale. Some people couldn’t bother sifting through other people’s junk. Not me! You’d be amazed at the gems you can find underneath piles of dust. Some of my greatest projects have been created from a cheap yard sale purchase. It’s a DIY Haven!
- I love to create. You’ve probably already gathered this much if you’ve read any of my posts, but I will say it again and again. I’m a creator down to the bone. Whether it’s cooking a new recipe, crafting a DIY project, or writing a blog post… I find myself lost in the art of creating something from scratch. It thrills me like nothing else!
Now I have the PRIVILEGE of nominating 5 Creative Bloggers for the CREATIVE BLOGGER AWARD. The following bloggers have inspired me in one way or another, and each deserve this nomination wholeheartedly:
1. Ana from BeautyBeyondBones. Ana’s page is incredibly inspiring and honest. She recounts her struggle with and recovery from anorexia. At times her writing is raw and intense, at other times it’s hilariously funny and uplifting.
We are all wounded. Each and every one of us have scars that remind us of our sufferings and shortcomings. They are part of who we are. And try as we may to cover them up, we shouldn’t – because they are beautiful. – Ana from Glorious Wounds.
2. Paardje from Of SnailMail, Books & Vanities. Paardje is like a beautiful ray of sunshine in my news feeds. She’s positive, bubbly and SO SO sweet. We also have a lot in common, like a crochet addiction and a love of reading and yoga. Her posts are always inspiring and uplifing.
This blog is my incentive to seek out the blessings and the fun in my circumstances because, no matter what happens — severe homesickness, deep despair over burnt pasta, resorting to crazy sign language — life is just too beautiful to not wear lipstick. – Paardje from Hi!
3. Stacy from Revisions Of Grandeur. Stacy is a beautiful wife and homeschooling mom of 3 boys. With dreams to home school my own children someday, I admire her a lot! She is accomplished, having her work featured many times over. I particularly love her recent article titled, Say Yes When You Can.
I spend a lot of my home time at the school table, the stove, or the laundry basket. I’m not one bit worried that my kids will forget that I taught them and cooked for them and laundered their clothes. But you know what scares the pants off me? The idea that they might not remember me whoopin’ it up all wild-haired in the backyard. – Stacy from Say Yes When You Can
4. Adia from Peachy Vibes. Adia is a high school student who just started her blogging journey. I relate to her love of music, something that consumed me during my own high school experience. She’s a goal oriented, positive, animal lover, who works hard everyday to be a happy person. I believe she has a promising career in blogging.
My question is, why do we just settle on being content with our lives? Dwe wish to be overjoyed? I hope the best for everyone who strives to be the happiest they can possibly be. Imagine the time you were so glad. Where you were radiating your joy. Be like that – Everyday. – Adia from How To Be Happier
5. Eric from MakeItUltra Psychology. Eric specializes in psychological services as a profession. His page is beautifully designed to provide inspiration for everyone with posts that are encouraging, inspiring and uplifting, all in one! He offers real, practical advice on how to improve yourself. I love his recent post, How To Let Go Of Yesterday.
It is important to bring yourself to right now, even as you read these words. Pause for a moment. Look around you. Notice the colors that you see in the room. What shapes do you see? A strategy that is commonly used for people with PTSD is to look at the details around them. By doing this, they can shift their focus away from the bombardment of thoughts. – Eric from How To Let Go Of Yesterday
CONGRATULATIONS to each of you and thank you for the time and energy you put into your posts. You know now that I’m a loyal fan!
Rules Of Nomination:
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Share five facts about yourself.
- Nominate five bloggers and add their links.
- Notify the bloggers you included.
- Keep the rules in your post.
I’ll say it just one more time… I am HONORED and PRIVILEGED to be nominated for this award. And I’m even happier to pass these 5 nominations on!
A brave man acknowledges the strengths of others. – Veronica Roth from Goodreads
Here’s to friends, new and old, in the awesome blogging community!
P.s. Thanks for reading! ❤️
P.s.s Don’t forget to subscribe to get the goods delivered directly to your inbox!
P.s.s.s. Don’t forget to follow us on social media by clicking here.
RELATED: My First Month Blogging by Lindsay
RELATED: What I Love About Blogging: 6 Reasons to Appreciate the Process by Lindsay