I’m SO happy to announce that Letters To Dutch has been nominated for the Liebster Award… and the cherry on top is marking this post our 50th!🎈
A BIG shout out to Neat Habitat… THANK YOU for choosing our blog! Head on over now to their page now to view awesome concepts like interior/exterior design ideas, gorgeous art & photography and great food for the mind and body.
The Liebster Award is a little piece of recognition given out by the blogging community in order to discover new blogs! Liebster in German means sweetheart, beloved person, or darling. (Dictionarist.com)
I’ve been asked to answer a series of questions about myself… here goes!
How do you feel on receiving this award?
Proud. Thankful. Grateful. The blogging community is a pretty awesome thing and I’m so glad to be a part of it!
Why did you start blogging?
I started Letters To Dutch as a creative outlet. That quickly developed into building a memory book for Dutch, and as we catch storm, it’s become about the community we’re building. It’s full of like minded individuals searching for creative solutions, insight and friendship through the parenting journey. I’m thankful that our experience might make a difference for them!
What do you love most about blogging?
I wrote a post all about this recently!
How did you decide on your blog name?
It came to me very suddenly after about a week of mulling. I knew I would be posting about Dutch often and the idea came to mind of writing him letters within the posts. It seemed fun and intimate. Voila! Letters To Dutch
What is your favorite thing to do first thing when you wake up?
My husband serves me coffee in bed every morning. He really knows the key to my heart.
Endearing acts of service?
Yes. And Coffee! ☕️
How do you relax?
Yoga, reading, crochet, hot bath, hot tea, playing with Dutch and going totally hands free!
Are you a dog or cat lover?
What is your favorite hobby?
For me, happiness is found in the thrill of creative effort. So I enjoy anything that allows me to create. That usually that means writing, crafting, and cooking.
If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
A few years ago I made friends with an elderly man an a local coffee shop. He told me stories of traveling the world. I asked him which destination had been his favorite. And his answer?
He said it was by far the most beautiful and welcoming of them all. I’ve dreamed of visiting ever since.
What is your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?
I wrote a post all about this one too! ☔️
What is your favorite day of the week, and why?
Sunday because it’s family day. We try to keep commitments off the calendar and take it easy. I like to make a big breakfast and dinner and play all day with the boys!
I’ve chosen to nominate 5 “darling” bloggers:
- Melissa from NourishedPeach, a wonderfully yummy food blog!
- Jessica from This Happy Mommy, a fantastic health food blog!
- Matthew from The Adventures Of A Day Hiker, a super awesome hiking blog!
- Marion from Bored Little Piggy, a crafty crochet blog!
- Courtney from Adventures With My Little Ray, a super sweet Mommy blog!
Rules for nomination:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers that you think are deserving of the award
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them
- Give them 11 questions of your own
Here are your questions:
- Will you please describe your blog in a few sentences?
- Why do you blog?
- What will your audience gain from reading your posts?
- Where do you see your blog 5 years from now?
- What have you learned from your blogging experience?
- When you’re not blogging, what are you doing?
- Who is your greatest inspiration and why?
- Will you please list 5 items on your Summer 2016 Bucket List?
- If you could eat anything right now, what would it be?
- Of all the destinations you’ve traveled, which is your favorite and why?
- What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Again, I’m so happy and pleased to receive this little slice of recognition from the “beloved” blogging community! Here is to friends, new and old… AND to 50 MORE creatively inspired posts!
Here are our Top 10 Posts! (In Order Of Most Views)
Blog on! ✌🏻️