Cheesy Biscuit Meets Spinach and Bacon Quiche! There you have it… the only way I know how to describe these scrumptious, savory, Spinach and Bacon Quiche Cakes. By adding some flour, you transform the average quiche into a “cake-like” texture… I’m leaning more toward “biscuit-like” with this one. And who doesn’t love a good biscuit!? They taste best right out of the oven or reheated… so you get all that yummy, gooey cheese on the inside. Bake them into bite sized cakes like I did for a mouthwatering, savory appetizer!
This recipe was adapted from BOWLINGNUT’s Spinach Brownies Recipe, from allrecipes. Please visit their page for the original recipe. I made a few modifications, so I am sharing my version below.
Spinach & Bacon Quiche Cakes
Makes 24 (Mini Cupcake Sized) Cakes
3 C Lightly Packed Spinach, Chopped or Torn
1 C All Purpose Flour
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1 C Milk
1/4 C Melted Butter
1 C Diced Onion
1 C Chopped Bacon
1 Garlic Clove, Finely Chopped
1 (8 oz) Package Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease your mini muffin pan.
- Cook chopped bacon in a large stockpot over the stove until crispy. Set aside to drain.
- In the same pot over medium heat, add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add onions, cook until softened. Scrape up any browned bits. Add spinach, cook until soft and wilted.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking powder. Add beaten eggs, milk and melted butter. Stir to combine. Add spinach mixture, cheese, and bacon. Stir to combine.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 of the way with your batter. Bake in the preheated oven 10-15 minutes, or until a toothpick entered into the center comes out clean.
Loving this recipe?
Join our community to receive weekly recipes, tutorials and tips delivered to your inbox FREE…
These are packed full of flavor AS IS, but they might taste delicious paired with a sauce. My husband recommended a sour cream/sriracha blend. What do you think?
Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to check out my recent post 18 Recipes For The Simple Cook for more recipes like these!