It just keeps getting better folks! Letters to Dutch has been nominated for the ONE LOVELY BLOG AWARD! A big shout out and THANK YOU to thehungryballer for nominating us! I’m most impressed with his pride of Indian culture. Head over to his page to learn about his love of basketball and delicious Indian cuisine!
The One Lovely Blog Award is a special piece of recognition given out by the blogging community in order to recognize lovely, new blogs. As I approach 90 days in the blogging world, I can’t help but appreciate the support of it’s community. You’d think there would be a whole lot more competition, but what I’ve found is that each of us wishes equal success to the next. What a blessing to make great friends along this journey!I’ve been asked to list seven facts about myself… here goes!
1. I love to create! Whether it’s writing, photography, crafting or cooking, I love creating something from scratch. There’s something intensely satisfying and thrilling about the process. That’s why I’ve designed Letters To Dutch around my creative projects. This blog offers a creative outlet, and the opportunity to share my creations with the world. An added bonus is inspiring others to live creatively!
2. I’m a SAHM (Stay At Home Mommy)! I’m so thankful to have the opportunity to stay at home with my son, Dutch. If you’ve read Our Fertility Journey & Birth Story, you know all about how hard we worked to conceive. Once Dutch was in my arms, I couldn’t bear the thought of leaving him and going back to work. My wonderfully supportive husband took over our business to allow me the pleasure of raising our child from home. I hope my example might release the stigma that a SAHM doesn’t work… because I work ALL DAY LONG, harder than I’ve ever worked in my entire life! SAHM’s are strong, tough women!
3. I love chocolate! Milk or white only please, I will throw dark chocolate right in the trash. Interestingly enough, I never enjoyed chocolate until after I had Dutch. Even ask my Mom, I was a true “VANILLA ONLY” child. Not anymore! My favorite these days are mini milk chocolate chips paired with fresh fruit. I discovered this tasty combo the other day that I’m happy to share… raspberries, stuffed with white chocolate chips. OH.MY! 😋
3. I’m a student of hormones! I’ve struggled with hormonal imbalances most of my life, specifically with PCOS and Endometriosis. These conditions led to infertility and our struggle to conceive. I work hard at controlling the symptoms by eating for hormonal balance and exercising. It’s been a long road, and something I expect I’ll struggle with for most of my adult life. But I hope to provide some hope and inspiration to the countless women who struggle with these issues by openly discussing them on this blog.
4. I love the outdoors! Whether it’s hiking or walking, I love basking in fresh air and sunshine. I usually strap the baby to my front or back to increase the intensity and sneak in some snuggle time. Endorphins (from exercise) and Vitamin D (from sun exposure) have become a critical part of my wellness plan! Here’s a picture from a few weeks ago, out on a 3 mile trek around the community with 25 pounds of Dutch asleep in the carrier. 💪🏻
4. I love yarn! I’m talking specifically about the craft of crocheting. Give me a hook, some yarn and a good TV series and you might not see me for awhile! I love the repetitive motions and the softness of the yarn slipping through my fingers. The counting is fun too! My husband swears I have OCD with how often he catches me counting stitches.
5. I love blogging! I wrote a post all about the six reasons why. What I’m most excited about right now is the community that Letters To Dutch is forming. It’s a group of like minded, creative people, who are searching for solutions and stories to relate to throughout the parenting journey. I’m grateful to be making a difference in their lives, by sharing my experience.
Join our community to receive weekly, creative tips and tutorials delivered to your inbox FREE…
Join our community and follow us!
I’ve chosen to nominate 5 LOVELY blogs:
- Sonderdays-A Fashion, Beauty, Travel, and Happy Lifestyle Blog
- The Sailor Crochet News-A Crafty Crochet, Embroidery, Knitting, and Sewing Blog
- Delight My Tummy-A Yummy Cultural Food Blog
- A Ranson Note-A Music, Vintage, Crochet, Food and Lifestyle Blog
- HikeSnobs-An Awesome Hiking Blog
I look forward to reading your seven facts, and learning a little more about each of you!
Here are the rules for nomination:
- Thank the Blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- List the rules.
- Display the award image on your header/footer/sidebar.
- List seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate (up to) 15 bloggers for this award and them know you have nominated them.
Recognition always fuels my fire… I’m so grateful and thankful to add another SEXY badge to my sidebar! Here’s to friends new and old in the awesome blogging community!
As always, thanks for stopping by, reading, and supporting my creative dream!
Oh and I’ve updated my TOP 10 POSTS page, click here to see!