I’ve dedicated this beautiful Friday post to Happiness! Because what else do we live for?
For me, happiness has been a long term project. For a long time I thought that happiness was something that just happened to you. I almost expected it to come in and sweep me off my feet! It wasn’t until I realized that happiness is a choice that I became a happy person. It’s taken nearly three decades to figure it out, but somehow I’ve found happiness beyond measure. Now, I work hard every day to make happy choices by cultivating attitudes of gratitude, forgiveness, acceptance, letting go and living in the moment. These choices have actually expanded my happiness capacity, and let me tell you, it’s better than I imagined it would be. Sometimes I feel like my heart swells it’s so full of joy!
The gorgeous Claudia, from Claudia Marie Fit, was kind enough to nominate me in her Happiness Tag and asked me to spread some cheer by sharing what makes me happy! Where do I start!?
1. My family. These 2 guys have me wrapped around their finger. I love them so much! Wes is so witty and his sense of humor made me fall in love with him. He has a joke for just about every occasion, and I’m so thankful for the lightheartedness he brings to our “happy” life. Dutch’s laugh is the most beautiful sound in the world to me. I will do just about anything to hear it… even if I look like a fool in the process! We’re a pretty Down To Earth family. We laugh a lot and try not to take ourselves too seriously. Seeing them happy, makes me happy!
2. Nature. Being outdoors makes me really happy, especially when it’s sunny and warm. It seems to make Dutch really happy too! My boy is a little explorer! Sunshine and exercise are a critical part of our well being and happiness. We love taking family walks and hikes. We live near the beach and my husband surfs, so we’ve been enjoying some fun beach trips lately! I hesitated sharing these photos of me in a bathing suit, but chose to be brave and include them to remind all you Mamas, that being a Mom doesn’t mean giving up being or feeling SEXY! Plus I work really hard to look this good, and that makes me happy!
3. Creating. OK, if you know me at all, you know that I’m a crafty chick. Creating makes me really, really, happy! I love to cook, crochet, craft, write, and take photos to name a few. I tend to lose track of time during the process, it’s so fun! Once I became a Mom, I had to put a lot of my interests and hobbies on hold for awhile. I found it hard to balance caring for Dutch and pursuing the things that mattered to me. Over the last few years I’ve worked hard at finding my identity in Motherhood. The fact is that when I am able to creatively express myself I’m an even better Mom! Here are a few of my recent “happy” creations!
Subscribe Now to Keep Up With All My Creative Projects!
Join Our Creative Community & Follow Us!
4. Yoga. Practicing yoga challenges my physical strength and flexibility. It also forces me to slow down and BREATHE! Life is so fast paced… I cherish the time on my mat where nothing else exists but being in the moment and being grateful for all things! I can’t always control what goes on outside, but it helps me control what goes on inside. Oftentimes I find myself most creatively inspired during or after my practice, and it doesn’t surprise me. With all that good energy, I open mind to new ideas and possibilities! Yoga=Happy!
5. Blogging. Yes, blogging makes me really happy! I enjoy creating posts, sharing stories, and spreading creativity. This has proven to be a healthy outlet for me and one that continues to make a difference for others. What a blessing! Thank you for reading this post, for taking an interest in me, and for supporting my creative dream!
I’d like to nominate a few “happy” blogs to share in spreading the cheer… TAG, you’re it!
- Acheive Wellness PHX
- Neat Habitat
- Of Snail Mail, Books & Vanities
- Dreamer Achiever
- Artsy Teen
- Peas Romaine Calm
- Pinkie Bag
- Handsy Craftsy
- My Life As Ishan
- Recipe In A Bottle
I can’t wait to hear what makes each of you most happy!
I’ll close with this quote from my Mom, she shared it with me on my wedding day. As simple as it may be, these are true words of wisdom… I only hope I can live up to her wish!
“Be Happy Always!”
What makes YOU happy? Please share your happy thoughts in the comments below!