I don’t know about you, but I’m always looking for ways to sneak healthy ingredients into my meals. And if you’re the parent of a picky toddler like I am, this is even more important! Dutch loves pasta, and I’ve had luck in the past sneaking vegetables into pasta sauce. This recipe was so yummy and easy to prepare, I had to share. Enjoy!
CREAMY AVOCADO SPINACH PASTA
1. 1 Tbsp Butter
2. 2 Garlic Cloves Minced
3. 1/2 C Chopped Onion
4. 3 C Lightly Packed Spinach
5. 2 Ripe Avocados
6. 1/4 C Yogurt (I used Whole Milk Yogurt for this recipe, but I also like Greek Yogurt for the little one because it’s highest in protein)
7. 1/2 C Milk
8. 1 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
9. 1/2 Tsp Salt
10. 1/4 C Olive Oil (or enough to reach desired consistency)
11. 1/2 C Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
12. Pasta, of Your Choice
13. Fresh, Chopped Parsley to Taste
14. Parmesan Cheese to Taste
- Melt butter in a saucepan and sauté garlic and onion until fragrant and soft. Add spinach and cook until soft and wilted, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add spinach mixture to food processor/blender. Add avocado, yogurt, milk, lemon juice and salt. Blend until smooth, adding olive oil to reach desired consistency.
- Add mixture back to your original saucepan with mozzarella cheese. Cook until cheese is just melted and sauce is heated through.
- Serve over pasta. Sprinkle with parsley and parmesan cheese.
For more information on the health benefits of avocado, check out Well-Being Secret’s article, 19 Science-Backed Health Benefits of Avocado. You can even find this recipe featured in their Favorite Avocado Recipes page.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
I’d love to connect with you. Get a deeper look and behind the scenes updates on all my creative projects from the following channels:
Interested in receiving each new post to your inbox? Just type your email address below to subscribe.
See you next time!