Today marks 75 days into my blogging journey… WHAT A RIDE! I’ve done some research and have decided to reveal a few stats about my page, in hopes that the community can be a part of its progression. Looking back, I’m amazed at what Letters To Dutch has accomplished! In a little over 2 months I’ve published 70 posts, spanning the following 30 categories:
- AWARD (3)
- BIRTH STORY (2)
- BLOGGING (7)
- BREASTFEEDING (1)
- CREATIVITY (1)
- CROCHET (6)
- DIY CRAFTS (11)
- EASTER (2)
- FAMILY (5)
- FAMILY HISTORY (5)
- FEATURED ARTICLE (2)
- FERTILITY (4)
- FITNESS (1)
- FOR MOMS (4)
- HAPPINESS (1)
- HEALTH & WELLNESS (7)
- HOLIDAY (5)
- HUMOR (1)
- INDOOR PLAY (4)
- MARRIAGE (1)
- MEMORIAL DAY (1)
- MOTHER’S DAY (4)
- MOTHERHOOD (7)
- NUTRITION (6)
- OUTDOOR PLAY (6)
- PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT (1)
- RECIPES (26)
- SPRING (3)
- TODDLER (9)
- TODDLER MEALS (15)
In 75 days Letters To Dutch has had just over 5,100 page hits, viewed by around 2,200 unique visitors from all over the world. The following 69 countries make up its global reach:
- UNITED STATES
- UNITED KINGDOM
- SOUTH AFRICA
- DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
- SAUDIA ARABIA
- PALESTINIAN TERRITORIES
- DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
- NEW ZEALAND
- SOUTH KOREA
- HONG KONG SAR CHINA
- UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
- SAUDI ARABIA
- BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS
- EUROPEAN UNION
- SRI LANKA
- TRINIDAD & TOBAGO
Here’s a list of my 10 Most Popular Posts/Pages in order of most views:
- A Heroic War Story: Remembering Grandpa Bill
- Our Fertility Journey & Birth Story
- Our 21 Month Breastfeeding Journey
- Mommy Fitness Talk + Quick 15 Minute Workout For Busy Moms
- Banana Tea a Natural Sleep Aid
- DIY Popsicle Stick Picture Frames
- Creamy Avocado Spinach Pasta
- My First Month Blogging
- The Happiness Tag
In the last 75 days, I received over 732 likes and 258 comments from my most loyal followers, many of them being my closest family and friends. And the rest have come from new friends I’ve been lucky enough to meet through the blogging community. If you’re reading, I can’t thank each of you enough for your belief in me and my ideas.
Letters To Dutch was HONORED to receive 3 Blogger Nominated Awards over the last 75 days:
OK, someone pinch me because I still can’t believe I’m typing these words… In the last 75 days, my work was chosen to be FEATURED not ONCE, but TWICE by the Youshare Project!
I’m also proud to announce that Letters To Dutch conducted it’s first series in the month of May! I published 5 Mommy inspired posts each week in May to complete the May 2016 Mommy Series. If you missed out, click here to get caught up!
MAY 2016 Mommy Series
Lastly, since I’ve shared over 25 recipes, I recently published a Recipe Index! There you can find every recipe published on LTD, categorized with pictures. Click here to check it out!
To be honest, starting this blog was a HUGE leap of faith. I had no idea how readers would respond to my ideas, if at all. At times, it’s taken tremendous courage just to click the PUBLISH button due to the personal nature of some of my posts. But maybe that’s just what makes this blog so great. Readers seem to really appreciate the openness and honesty I bring to the table and I couldn’t be more grateful for that. My Mom told me something once that has always stayed with me:
“We don’t go through things in life just for ourselves, we also go through them for other people.” – My Mom
In other words… what’s the point of experiencing life, learning lessons, and overcoming challenges if we don’t share our story? I’m so grateful that I’ve built up enough courage to continue writing, sharing and posting. More than anything, I’m thankful for the difference these experiences have made in the lives of others.
In the last 75 days, I’ve learned more about myself that I ever would have imagined:
- First, through writing and sharing, I have healed in many ways.
- And second, my posts have made a difference in the lives of men and women all over the world. What a blessing to have a community built around our experience!
- Third, I’ve experienced a kind of relief from the creative outlet this blog provides. By creating and sharing my ideas, I’ve learned my creative process and have gained new skills as a result.
- Fourth, I’ve been challenged by this experience. Blogging is so much more than writing great content. It’s also about marketing, promoting, monetizing, media and web design. With so much to learn, it’s an exciting challenge indeed.
- And fifth, I’ve been able to design this project around my most important priority, Dutch. This blog encourages me live in the moment with him and appreciate every moment of his childhood.
In the next 30 days I plan to:
- Tackle my first Vlog (Video Blog),
- Publish another 30 posts (bringing the total to 100),
- Announce a Summer Theme, and
- Gain 100 New Email Subscribers.
Will you help me hit my goal by joining our creative community and subscribing below? As a bonus, you will receive each new post by email plus some periodic bonus content directly from me. Thanks in advance! 🙂
Thank you for sharing this journey with me. It’s you that makes this creative dream possible! Every click, every read, every view comes from a human being trying to solve a problem or get inspired. I don’t take that for granted. I am committed to continue posting valuable, creative content!
Before you go… please follow Letters To Dutch on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest!
P.s. I’d be SO grateful if you shared the love!