Thank you Summer for the sweet, gooey goodness of s’mores. I mean, it might be the single tastiest ingredient combination of all time. There’s that marshmallow, warmed and roasted until golden brown… sitting right underneath a layer of shiny, rich chocolate. Smash all that in between a crunchy, honey graham cracker and you’ve got yourself a classic Summer time treat.
Giving Dutch his first s’mores experience this Summer was of the utmost importance. It’s a Summer tradition that I imagine he will grow up with and have fond memories of. Just yesterday we crossed this item off our Summer bucket list by baking “perfect” s’mores in our kitchen oven. It took a couple of tries, but eventually I found the winning combination and I plan to share it with you today.
Perfect Oven Baked S’mores
This post contains affiliate links from Amazon, which means if you click on one of those links and purchase something, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Feel free to read my full disclosure here. Thanks in advance for your support.
1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Halve your graham crackers and place them on the sheet.
3. Cut your jumbo marshmallows in half and place one half on top of each cracker.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 2-3 minutes, or until the marshmallow is golden brown. Remove from oven.
5. Place a piece of milk chocolate on top of each marshmallow, then top it with the other half of the graham cracker.
6. Let them sit for 1-2 minutes, or until chocolate is melted and they’re cool enough to eat.
Note: I used 1 jumbo marshmallow on each cracker for the first batch. They were so large that they began oozing over the edges of the crackers as they baked. For the second batch, I cut them in half and they turned out perfect.
Note: The graham crackers burn fast… take it from me, I burnt the first batch. I pulled the second batch out around 3 minutes and they turned out perfect.
The three of us enjoyed eating these together around the kitchen table. As for Dutch, he enjoyed some sensory play with the marshmallow while he licked the chocolate from the graham cracker. He was such a mess after this treat that only a bath could remedy it.
Do you have any fond memories of Summer time and s’mores? I’d love to hear about them, please share them with me in the comments below.
This recipe was inspired by Domestic Mommyhood’s How To Make S’mores In The Oven.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
I’d love to connect with you. Get a deeper look and behind the scenes updates on all my creative projects from the following channels:
See you next time!