Cooking an egg in an onion ring… Brilliant! This Egg Onion Ring Sandwich recipe is so simple and so yummy. It makes the perfect breakfast sandwich, or in our family’s case, an anytime sandwich. I have to give my husband Wes, full credit for this creation. He really knows his way around the kitchen, aren’t I lucky?
Speaking of my husband, I sure am thankful for him this Father’s Day. As Dutch is entering his twos, his temperament proves more and more challenging. The tantrums have peaked, his moods are unpredictable, and his new favorite word is NO. Sounds pretty typical of a toddler entering the dreaded terrible twos, right? But Wes remains patient through and through, and Dutch simply adores his Daddy. He’s the greatest Husband and Father we could have asked for.
And as for my Dad, he is the most loving man I know. He’s taught me work ethic, compassion, and unconditional love… not to mention he has the best sense of humor. I’ll never forget it, before he walked me down the aisle he looked over at me with a twinkle in his eye and said,
“Whatever you do, don’t fart.”
That got us both laughing and it was exactly what I needed to calm my nerves. Sometimes, he’s the only person in the world who knows the right thing to say.
Happy Father’s Day to all you awesome Dads out there!
Egg Onion Ring Breakfast Sandwich
1 Tbsp Milk
Pinch of Garli Powder
Salt & Pepper To Taste
2 Tbsp Crumbled Bacon
1 Large Onion Ring
1 Slice of Cheese
Parsley To Taste
1 English Muffin
- Combine egg, milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Beat well. Stir in crumbled bacon.
- Spray a non stick skillet with cooking spray and warm over medium heat.
- Place the onion ring in the center of the pan and pour in the egg mixture just until it reaches the top edge of the onion. Let cook 2-3 minutes or until the egg is cooked all the way through.
- Place cheese slice on top, allowing it to melt over the sides.Garnish with parsley to taste.
- Toast your english muffin, and sandwich the egg onion ring in between.
I hope you enjoyed this little recipe. You can find it along with all the others in my Recipe Index. If you have some thoughts to share, use the comments below. Let’s chat!
RELATED: Easy DIY Father’s Day Gift: Lucky You’re My Dad
RELATED: Easy Breakfast Casserole
As always, thanks for stopping by!
3 thoughts on “Egg Onion Ring Breakfast Sandwich”
What a brilliant idea! 🙂
Thank you! 😊