This recipe is bold… and by that I mean full of intense flavors that will linger in your mouth even after you’ve finished your plate. My husband went on and on about this one, and I was proud to be sneaking some veggies into my family’s meal.
The combination came about after searching for a pasta salad recipe that I could prepare cold due to the Summertime heat. I had the idea of making a Caprese Pasta Salad, because what sounds better than that… but I wanted to add a flavorful sauce. When I stumbled upon a simple recipe for Spinach Pesto, I just had to try it due to the hidden veggies. I followed the pesto recipe exactly and there isn’t a thing I would change (link provided below).
I hope you enjoy this simple, flavorful, vegetarian meal. I have a feeling you will be heading back for seconds.
Caprese Pasta Salad with Spinach Pesto
- Pasta of your choice
- Olive Oil, for drizzling
- Baby Roma Tomatoes, sliced into small rounds
- Mozzarella Cheese Bites, sliced into small rounds (I used mozzarella string cheese because I had some on hand)
- 1/4 C Fresh Basil, chopped
- Spinach Pesto (Find the recipe I used here from Diethood.com)
- Parmesan cheese to garnish
- Cook your pasta according to package instructions, drain, drizzle olive oil all over and toss to prevent sticking. Allow to cool. I placed the pasta in the fridge with some ice cubes for about an hour.
- Prepare your Spinach Pesto according to recipe instructions. I used 100% fresh herbs for the pesto.
- Toss pasta, tomatoes, mozzarella, and pesto together. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Follow Letters To Dutch for a deeper look and behind the scenes updates on all my creative recipes.
Did you enjoy this recipe? If so, feel free to share it with friends and you can find all of my recipes in my Recipe Index. Please share with me your thoughts in the comments below, I’d love to chat with you!