These Mini Egg Casseroles are a lifesaver for your morning routine! Just prepare them ahead, freeze, and simply reheat for a quick, healthy breakfast (or snack). Your kids will love them as much as you do, and they couldn’t be easier to prepare by layering a few basic ingredients, then baking in the oven.
You might want to experiment with different breads, cheeses, and meats to make this recipe your own… or try adding ingredients such as fresh veggies. And you may enjoy sprucing these up with a dollop of sour cream, fresh avocado, salsa, diced green onion, or hot sauce.
Note: The previous link is an affiliate link with Amazon, which means if you click the link and purchase something I will receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Feel free to read my full disclosure here and thanks in advance for your support.
Mini Egg Casseroles
6 Slices of Bread, torn into small pieces (I use white buttermilk bread)
1 C Milk (I use whole milk)
1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 Tsp Onion Powder
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/8 Tsp Pepper
1 C Crumbled Bacon (I’ve also used diced, pan fried deli ham)
1 C Shredded Cheese (I’ve used mild cheddar and monterey jack)
Parsley, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a nonstick baking pan.
- Layer bread pieces in the bottom of your pan.
- Combine eggs, milk, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl and beat well (I used a hand mixer).
- Pour egg mixture evenly over bread.
- Sprinkle crumbled bacon evenly on top.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese evenly on top.
- Sprinkle parsley, to taste, evenly on top.
- Bake in oven for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick entered into the center comes out clean.
Thawing & Reheating:
Thaw individual portions in the fridge overnight. Wrap in a paper towel and heat in the microwave for 45 seconds.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
I’d love to connect with you. Get a deeper look and behind the scenes updates on all my creative projects from the following channels:
Interested in receiving each new post to your inbox? Just type your email address below to subscribe.
See you next time!