Is it just me, or does being a Mom test your energy? Whether it’s recovering from a sleepless night with my teething toddler, or trying to catch my breath from our recent game of chase… my energy is pushed to the max all day long! From one sleepy Mom to the next, here are 8 Caffeine-Free, All Natural Ways to Boost Energy!
8 Caffeine-Free, All Natural Ways to Boost Energy
1. Get Some Sun
Did you know that sunshine gives us energy and makes us happy? There are numerous studies showing the emotional benefits to sunlight exposure. It not only boosts our Vitamin D levels, but it also regulates our biological clocks and increases serotonin levels. For all of these reasons, spending time outdoors is critical to the wellbeing of both Mother and child.
2. Increase Your Magnesium Intake
According to WebMD, there was a study completed in which, “women with magnesium deficiencies had higher heart rates and required more oxygen to do physical tasks than they did after their magnesium levels were restored.” In other words, when our body has to work harder to complete simple tasks, it leaves us feeling drained and depleted. (WebMD) Nuts and fish are full of magnesium, as well as bananas and avocados.
3. Take a Walk
This may sound counterproductive, exercising while feeling exhausted, but it’s quite the opposite! Exercising is one of the easiest ways to boost your energy. A 10 minute walk can leave you feeling energized for up to 2 hours, and the endorphins released will also leave you feeling happy and balanced.
4. Eat For Hormonal Balance
We all know that the foods we eat either help or hurt our energy levels. We also know that as women, our hormones fluctuate. That’s why it’s important to learn how to eat for hormonal balance. I find that when I eat a lot of sugars and grains I feel irritable and drained. When our blood sugar spikes we feel an initial rush of energy, but the crash afterwards can bring out the worst in us. That’s because our bodies aren’t designed to process these unnatural ingredients. Try a diet free of sugar and grain 80% of the time, and allow yourself to indulge the other 20%. You’ll have no choice but to increase your protein intake and as a result, you’ll see a significant increase in your energy levels. I will disclose that I’m not a nutritionist, or expert in this field. I am speaking only from personal experience.
Call me Captain Obvious, or call me smart! Rest is so important to the recovery process. Sometimes all I need is a 10 minute snooze to regain my energy. As a Mom, I find it hard to prioritize sleep because there is always something to do, but I make it a point to rest every day during Dutch’s nap. Sometimes I sleep, and other times I just put up my feet and read a good book. Just like your little one needs time each day to rest and recover, so do you!
6. Drink More Water
Did you know dehydration can make you feel fatigued? Drinking enough water will help support brain function. You’ll find yourself more focused when you’re properly hydrated. Some other added benefits to boosting your water consumption are weight loss, clear skin and regular digestion!
7. Practice Yoga
Yoga increases blood flow and circulation, which leaves you feeling energized. Headstands in particular increase blood flow to the brain. Bone strength, core strength and increased balanced are some added benefits!
8. Drink a Smoothie or Juice
Boost your energy by boosting your nutrition. We drink smoothies a few times a week. They’re packed full of nutritious ingredients that naturally boost our energy. An added benefit is that smoothies are filling, so try them as a meal replacement if you’re looking to shed calories. Juicing is another great way to boost your nutrition. You can pack a ton of healthy veggies into just 1 cup of juice.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
I’d love to connect with you. Get a deeper look and behind the scenes updates on all my creative projects from the following channels:
See you next time!
This post contains affiliate links from Amazon, which means if you click on one of those links and purchase something, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Feel free to read my full disclosure here. Thanks in advance for your support.