This do-it-yourself project is inexpensive, requires only a few basic materials, and is easy enough for the beginner crafter. Just use your leftover school, holiday, or Santa photo prints to create a keepsake ornament!
Get creative with your ornament shape, color combinations, and decorations to make it your own… and whatever you do, don’t forget to make a few extra for Grandma and Grandpa this holiday season!
This post contains affiliate links from Amazon which means if you click on one of the following links and purchase something, I will receive a small commision at no extra cost to you. Thanks in advance for your support, and feel free to read my full disclosure here.
DIY MOD PODGE PHOTO ORNAMENT
(5 Inch) Heart Shaped Wooden Ornament, With Hook
Wallet Sized Photo Print
Loose Crafting Glitter in Blue
Decorative Embellishment Ribbon in Blue
- Paint 2 coats of metallic gold on both sides of ornament. Allow to dry.
- Using your sponge brush, apply a thin layer of mod podge to the front center of the ornament and the back of your photo print. Press your photo down, using your fingers to smooth out any bubbles. Take special care smoothing around the edges. Allow to dry.
- Apply another thin layer of mod podge over the top of your photo print, brushing over the edges slightly. Allow to dry.
- Apply tacky glue all around the photo print in the shape of a square. Working quickly, sprinkle your loose glitter generously all over the wet glue. Press down gently to secure. Allow to dry.
- Cut and tie decorative embellishment ribbon to your hook.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
I’d love to connect with you. Get a deeper look and behind the scenes updates on all my creative projects from the following channels:
Interested in receiving each new post to your inbox? Just type your email address below to subscribe.
See you next time!